From the ancient temples of the Incas and the breathtaking Iguazú Falls to the wildlife of the Amazon, South America is a treasure trove of awe-inspiring landscapes and cultural diversity. You will stumble across colonial towns having cobblestone streets and stately plazas that will transport you to the 18th century. The music is unparalleled as well. From the Columbian salsa and the Argentine tango to the Brazilian samba, the continent has been the birthplace of some of the most unique sounds in the world. There is no dearth of natural wonders as well. You will find mountains, waterways, rainforests, volcanoes, and deserts. As far as landscapes go, South America offers a kind of variety that is hard to find elsewhere.
Top Experiences in South America
• Visiting the Inca city of Machu Picchu (Peru)
• Exploring the wildlife of the Amazon
• Experiencing a unique combination of lush mountains and golden beaches in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
• Rediscovering the grandeur of Europe in Buenos Aires
• Visiting the largest salt flat in the world (Salar de Uyuni)
• Climbing the stunning Glacier Perito Moreno